Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Journal - Days 8 - 14

Day Eight: I have already posted about the trees this month, but I am thankful that we as humans have such a finite memory that we (or at least I) are surprised every year by the colors of the seasons. When you think about the changes that are occurring to make the beautiful displays we see, it boggles my mind at the wonders of our God. And just think, if He put that much effort and thought into the plants, what amount of thought and creativity He used when creating each of us. There is no way one can look at the colors of fall and not believe in a Divine, Inspired and Thoughtful Creator!
Day Nine: I am thankful for flavored coffee drinks on my nightstand when I wake up (thank you Shaun Ryan). I am thankful for a refrigerator full of food and warm soup on a fall day to fill my family's bellies.
 Day Ten: I am thankful for good friends to spend the day with, a new, beautiful new roof on our home and dinner with family. I am thankful for a father who knows everything there is to know about cars, Terry Meeler, and who is willing to spend time figuring out what is wrong with mine :-)
Day Eleven: I am thankful for those who have served our country and protected our freedom, including my grandfather Richard Overgard and Shaun's grandfather Walter Raleigh Dryman. I am also thankful for the families who lose time and sometimes the lives of those soldiers protecting our country. Thank you to all of you!
Day Twelve: I am thankful for weekends when my hubby gets to be home, for friends who get ME, and for family in general. I am thankful that my kids have and have gotten to know their great-grandparents, and that we have such a wonderful support network in place for us in good times and bad.
Day Thirteen: I am thankful for those things that some people would call luxuries. Soft fluffy pillows, and clean sheets, a variety of food to choose from any time I have the desire to eat, warm heat for cold mornings and cool air on hot days.
Day Fourteen: I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mommy, for baby smiles and little eyes that light up when they see me, and hugs and sloppy kisses, and the constant use of the word "mama". I am thankful that I get to experience parenthood times four, and that each child comes with different lessons to learn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment