Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This is the stuff

So, I have this song that seems to be the theme song of my life these days. You can hear it here:
http://grooveshark.com/#/album/This+Is+The+Stuff/5816119 .  
I find myself constantly struggling with the "stuff" of life. There are so many things that happen on a daily basis in the life of a mom that can change the entire direction of the day, and they are truly little things when I compare them to all that is going on around me, but they are enough to trip me. 
 One of the reasons I am posting the thankful journals is to help me focus on my blessings and not on the "stuff". I forget where I have been, and what blessings I have been given until I stop and let myself be quiet for a minute. I was sitting in my kitchen this afternoon in one of those rare moments of complete silence in my house (VERY RARE), and I noticed the leaves falling from the trees in the backyard. Each leaf floats down from the tree in a different pattern than the last, and it gently comes to rest on the ground. Sometimes I forget to let God hold me as I step off the edge of whatever circumstance I face, and I feel like I am free-falling at a rapid pace toward the ground. If I will only let God have control and completely trust Him, He will make sure I gently float to my destination. I know it won't always feel that way, but it is the reality. 
Our home is a reminder of God's amazing provision. We never thought we would own a home, or at least not for several more years, and here we are, homeowners for almost 3 years. Once I let go of trying to control the way we got a home, it came easily, and it was perfect for us.
The "stuff" is just that, stuff, nothing more. Not only do I have all I need, I have a lot of what I want. I believe that God is the true picture of a daddy, He wants to give us the things we need, but He delights in giving us more than that. He knows us, He made us, so He knows the things that speak to us, whether it is a picture, a special chair, or a home with a lot of windows to let the sunshine in and give me a place to watch the seasonal changes that reflect His awesome love. Isn't it amazing that He loves each of us individually so much that He takes the time to fill the places of our soul that we might ignore or push to the back for lack of time? 
So, when I get bogged down in the stuff, I need to remember that my daddy loves me so much, He even cares if the stuff bothers me, and He has given me blessings too numerous to count if I will only look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment